My research is centered around the interaction between the immune system and the pathogen with a focus on developing vaccines and diagnostics. This includes:
- Immunological studies of naturally acquired immunity
- Identification of B and T cell antigens
- Vaccine design using gene technology to assemble components from bacteria or viruses
- Research in new vaccine adjuvants (adjuvants) and alternative forms of vaccination
- Director of the Department of Infectious Disease Immunology
- Borges AH, Follmann F, Dietrich J. Chlamydia trachomatis vaccine development - a view on the current challenges and how to move forward. 2022 Expert Rev Vaccines.
- Olsen AW, Pal S, De La Maza L, Follmann F. 2020: Chlamydia Vaccines (book chapter). In Chlamydia: Edited by C Suetterlin, H Hegemann and M Tan: Caister Academic Press
- Olsen, A. W., Rosenkrands, I., Holland, M. J., Andersen, P., Follmann, F. 2021. A Chlamydia trachomatis VD1-MOMP vaccine elicits cross-neutralizing and protective antibodies against C/C-related complex serovars. NPJ Vaccines 6, 58.
- Abraham S, Juel HB, Bang P, Cheeseman HM, Dohn RB, Cole T, Kristiansen MP, Korsholm KS, Lewis D, Olsen AW, McFarlane LR, Day S, Knudsen S, Moen K, Ruhwald M, Kromann I, Andersen P, Shattock RJ, Follmann F. 2019. Safety and immunogenicity of the chlamydia vaccine candidate CTH522 adjuvanted with CAF01 liposomes or aluminium hydroxide: a first-in-human, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 1 trial. Lancet Infect Dis.
- Blakney AK, McKay PF, Christensen D, Yus BI, Aldon Y, Follmann F, Shattock RJ. 2019. Effects of cationic adjuvant formulation particle type, fluidity and immunomodulators on delivery and immunogenicity of saRNA. J Control Release 304:65-74
- Rose F, Karlsen K, Jensen PR, Jakobsen RU, Wood GK, Rand KD, Godiksen H, Andersen P, Follmann F, Foged C. 2018. Unusual Self-Assembly of the Recombinant Chlamydia trachomatis Major Outer Membrane Protein (MOMP)-based Fusion Antigen CTH522 into Protein Nanoparticles. J Pharm Sci doi:10.1016/j.xphs.2018.02.005
Complete list of publications: Frank Follmann's bibliography