Research scientist in the Department of Infectious Disease Immunology at Statens Serum Institute with focus on vaccine development for the infectious disease Chlamydia. Identification and characterization of relevant Chlamydia trachomatis vaccine candidates in humans and immunological characterization and efficacy testing. Special focus on identification and characterization of neutralizing B cell epitopes in multiple Chlamydia trachomatis serovars, resulting in optimal design of vaccine candidates with the capacity to target multiple Chlamydia trachomatis serovars.
• Chlamydia specific cell based assays
- Olsen AW, Lorenzen EK, Rosenkrands I, Follmann F, Andersen P: Protective Effect of Vaccine Promoted Neutralizing Antibodies against the Intracellular Pathogen Chlamydia trachomatis. Front Immunol. 2017; 8:1652.
- Bøje S, Olsen AW, Erneholm K, Agerholm JS, Jungersen G, Andersen P, Follmann F: A multi-subunit Chlamydia vaccine inducing neutralizing antibodies and strong IFN-γ CMI responses protects against a genital infection in minipigs. Immunol Cell Biol. 2015 Aug 13.
- Olsen AW, Follmann F, Erneholm K, Rosenkrands I, Andersen P: Protection Against Chlamydia trachomatis Infection and Upper Genital Tract Pathological Changes by Vaccine-Promoted Neutralizing Antibodies Directed to the VD4 of the Major Outer Membrane Protein. J Infect Dis. 2015 Sep 15;212(6):978-89.
- Olsen AW, Andersen P, Follmann F: Characterization of protective immune responses promoted by human antigen targets in a urogenital Chlamydia trachomatis mouse model. Vaccine 2014 Feb 3;32(6):685-92.
- AW Olsen, Follmann F, Højrup P, Leah R, Sand C, Andersen P, Theisen M: Identification of human T-cell targets recognized during the Chlamydia trachomatis genital infection. J Infect Dis. 2007 Nov 15;196(10):1546-52.