In support of the Institute’s mission of strengthen global health through research and disease control, Business development aims on visualizing the value of the Institute’s innovation through patent protection and external collaborations. In close collaboration with the researchers and other administrative functions, Business Development focuses on securing rights and optimizing value while limiting risk exposures of all inventions.
The department supports all steps in the process of idea generation to contract signing that includes:
- Securing IP inventions & maintaining the portfolio
- Strategies for business exploitation
- Promotion of inventions and alliances
- Identification of collaborations
- Business cases – valuation of commercial potential
- Defining optimal collaborative structures
- Negotiating contractual terms
- Advising & mitigating contractual exposures
- Managing contractual obligations
Collectively the department is represented by 6 fulltime employees and 2 students that together has more than 150 years of specialization within patenting, medicinal science, pharmaceutical development, business analyses, market evaluation, negotiation and commercialization.
Head of department