- Development of molecular diagnostics assays within mycology
- Fungal PCR: Aspergillus, Candida, Mucorales, Fusarium, dermatophytes and panfungal.
- Molecular resistance mechanisms in pathogenic fungi
- Azole resistance in Aspergillus fumigatus and other Aspergillus spp.
- Echinocandin and azole resistance, primarily in C. albicans, C. glabrata and C. tropicalis
- Aspergillus fumigatus (clinical and environmental)
- C. albicans, C. glabrata, C. tropicalis, C. parapsilosis and other.
Prizes and honors
- ESCMID Research Grant 2013 (18,150 €)
- Copenhagen University Travel Grant 2012 (4,000 €)
- ECCMID Travel Grant 2011 (1,200 €)
- Novo Scholarship 2008 (9,650 €)
- Molecular diagnostics within fungal infections, research, development and maintenance
- Identification of yeasts and moulds by MALDI-TOF MS
- Molecular antifungal resistance in pathogenic yeasts and moulds
- Molecular identification and genotyping of yeasts and moulds
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of voriconazole, isavuconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole and 5-Flucytosin by uHPLC.
- Board member and webmaster for the Nordic Society of Medical Mycology (NSMM)
- Jensen RH. Resistance in human pathogenic yeasts and filamentous fungi: prevalence, underlying molecular mechanisms and link to the use of antifungals in humans and the environment. Dan Med J. 2016; 63 (10). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27697142 (Pubmed ID: 27697142)
- Jensen RH, Hagen F, Astvad KMT, Tyron A, Meis JF, Arendrup MC. Azole-resistant Aspergillus fumigatus in Denmark: a laboratory-based study on resistance mechanisms and genotypes. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016; 22 (6):570.e1-9. http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S1198743X16300581 (Pubmed ID: 27091095)
- Jensen RH, Johansen HK, Søes LM, Lemming LE, Rosenvinge FS, Nielsen L, et al. Posttreatment Antifungal Resistance among Colonizing Candida Isolates in Candidemia Patients: Results from a Systematic Multicenter Study. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016; 60 (3):1500–8. http://aac.asm.org/lookup/doi/10.1128/AAC.01763-15 (Pubmed ID: 26711776)
- Jensen RH, Astvad KMT, Silva LV, Sanglard D, Jørgensen R, Nielsen KF, et al. Stepwise emergence of azole, echinocandin and amphotericin B multidrug resistance in vivo in Candida albicans orchestrated by multiple genetic alterations. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2015; 70 (9):2551–5. http://www.jac.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/doi/10.1093/jac/dkv140 (Pubmed ID: 26017038)
- Jensen RH, Arendrup MC. Candida palmioleophila: Characterization of a Previously Overlooked Pathogen and Its Unique Susceptibility Profile in Comparison with Five Related Species. J Clin Microbiol. 2011; 49 (2):549–56. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=3043495&tool=pmcentrez&rendertype=abstract (Pubmed ID: 21147953).